The 50th International Film Festival of India announces the films in the Debut Competition section of the festival. The festival which has been a launchpad to several filmmakers over the past 50 years aims at bringing the best first-time filmmakers of the year in this section.
1. Algerian film Abou Leila directed by Amin Sidi-Boumediene.
2. Korean film Romang by LEE Chang-Geun.
3. Romanian film Monsters by Marius Olteanu.
4. US film My Name is Sara by Steven Oritt,
5. A female filmmaker from US Eva Cool’s Cleo.
6. The National Award-winning film Hellaro by Abhishek Shah.
7. Malayalam film Uyare by Manu Ashokan is the Indian film competing for the Award for the Best Debut feature film of a director at 50th IFFI.
Award carries Silver Peacock, a certificate and a cash prize of Rs. 10,000,00/- to be given to a feature film that reflects a new paradigm in motion pictures in terms of aesthetic, technique or technological innovation.