The Holi Milan Samaroh and Women’s Day Celebration organized by Shri Shri Sankardev Sewa Samiti on 7th March 2020 was a success. The event started with Deep Prajwalan by renowned personalities like Dr. Upadhyay, Ma Sarsanghachalak Navi Mumbai, Shri Ajay Ji Mudpe, Prant Prachar Pramukh – Konkan Prant, Dr. Poonam Ji Singh – Principal ICL College, Ma Yogita Ji Salvi, Sr. Editor – Mumbai Tarun Bharat and Shri Aneesh Ji Gokhale – Author, Brahmaputra.
The Prime highlights of the event are :
1. Brief introduction of Shri Shri Sankardev Sewa Samiti, its genesis and the body of work the organization has done over the past 7 years and the ones on the agenda for the forthcoming years – covering Women Empowerment, Child Education, Value education (Daycare centres) and Animal Welfare.
Dr. Poonam Ji Singh also delivered a short and value-laden speech wherein she emphasised the need for such social and community-driven work. She also appreciated the work that is done by Shri Shri Sankardev Sewa Samiti and as an organization committed to the process of Nation Building, Dr. Poonam Singh Ji confirmed her full participation to the cause as a joint initiative with Sankardev Sewa Samiti via ISP programmes held at her institute, ICL College, Vashi. We express our gratitude to Dr. Singh ji and the educator.
We also ran into luck to have in our midst Dr. Khaleel Ahmed, Principal Kalsekar College, Nalasopara. Dr. Ahmed emphasised on the community work for the betterment of the country and its active role in Nation Building.
2. Samuhik Geet by Panchjanya Bal Sanskar Kendra – a Sankardev Sewa Samiti unit. The students sang two songs that inspired the audience.
3. This was followed by a spellbinding speech delivered by Ma Yogita ji Salvi on the subject line, “Social and Community work – its role in Nation-building”. She touched upon many facets of the society, drawing our attention to the current situation in the country, the rot that is eating us from within and the tell-tale signs of such miscreants and how one should protect oneself from such elements.
4. Book Unveiling: The Book “Brahmaputra” authored by Shri Aneesh Ji Gokhale was unveiled by Dr. Poonam ji Singh – Principal ICL College, Vashi, Ma Yogita Ji Salvi and Dr. Khaleel Ahmed – Principal Kalsekar College, Nalasopara. The audience was appreciative of the sincere efforts put through by Aneesh Ji and the primary message delivered via Lachit Borphukan, the protagonist – Nation Comes First, that unity was the one force that kept the great Ahoms together as the longest-reigning dynasty in the world and that is the unity that this Nation needs now!
5. Book Distribution of #SaffronSwords,
a. Author Ma Manoshi Ji Sinha Rawal,
b. Sponsors: Dr. Rao and Shri Nagendra
c. Beneficiaries –
6. As part of Women Empowerment, Shri Shri Sankardev Sewa Samiti also partnered with TJSB Bank, Vashi to open Zero Balance accounts for its women karyakartas – as part of International Women’s Day initiative. This shall prove as the stepping stone towards self-dependence and financial independence to the women. Kavitaji Sharma, active Karykarta of Shri Shri Sankardev Samiti also took to the stage to express her views and the body of works that have been done in and around Airoli, Navi Mumbai – covering Bal Sanskar Kendra, Mahila Sashaktikaran and now venturing into Daycare centre initiative.
7. Towards the end of the programme, keeping in concern the current Coronavirus threat, Dr. Rajeshwari shared the common knowledge and dispelled a few myths encircling this virus, its symptoms, preventive care, and curative measures.
a. Since this programme was held on the sentiment of Holi Milan, the final touch was given by Mr. Modi Ji who sang a beautiful bhajan. The audience was enthralled by it.
b. The program’s samapan was drawn by a Prarthana (prayer) by Sevasahyog Abhyasika students invoking the Divine Powers of Peace, harmony, brotherhood, and enlightenment.
c. A symbolic Holi was also played by the karyakartas – due caution is taken to safeguard oneself from Coronavirus.
d. All the guests and member karyakartas were later served lunch and refreshments.
8. Shri Shri Sankardev Sewa Samiti extends its thanks and warm regards to all the participants, its members, karyakartas and its sponsors for making the event a success!
9. Special thanks to Gayatri Chetana Kendra’s Trustee committee, Shri Manubhai Ji, Shri Yadav Ji and Shri Gajendra Ji for their unparalleled support above and beyond!
Shri Shri Sankardev Sewa Samiti is an NGO centred to the cause of the Nation Building, dedicated to the Society, with society’s local members being its key denominators and contributors.